13 January 2014

Our Woodland Nursery Corner

In many countries it is not common to have a completely separate room for the newborn right away. Obviously, they're tiny and don't really need that much space.  Baby could have gone right in our bedroom, but we decided against that since Johannes will be getting up early for work- it will be great when I can go into a different room for nighttime feedings and changes.  Since our living room is huge & we had usable cabinets and existing furniture for storage & changing table top- we turned a large corner into the nursery.  We decided to go with an outdoorsy, baby forest animal theme- and here's how it turned out!  I hand-painted the wall with birch tree silhouettes & owls and we went on a shopping spree at Ikea for the crib, bedding, rug, and other accessories etc.

Leinie showing off the woodland nursery

When I was back in the US in September, I headed to JoAnn Fabrics and whipped together the matching ruffled crib skirting on mom's sewing machine.  It turned out surprisingly ok for my lack of great sewing skills and pulls the theme & colors together quite nicely.  Now we just wait for the final touch...baby!

Ruffled Crib Skirt


No comments:

Post a Comment