03 December 2012

An Austrian Thanksgiving

 It was pretty weird to be oceans away from all of the Thanksgiving celebrations back home.  It made me miss family and friends, and all of the deliciously fattening Thanksgiving foods that I would be missing out on :(  While we didn't do anything special on the actual Thursday of Thanksgiving, I got quite the urge to cook up a boat-load of food, so we had a few people over on the Weekend for an 'American/Austrian Thanksgiving Party'. Our menu consisted of all the favorties: Beer Cheese Dip & Pretzels,  Deviled Eggs, Peanut Butter Cookies, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Turkey with Green Beans & Sweet Potatoes, BLT Pasta Salad, and Cheesecake.  While not quite the same, it was stilll with good friends & fam and lots of yummy foods :) I did miss home, and especially my favorite Thanksgiving favorites of smoked venison brats, venison snack sticks, cheesy potatoes and pumpkin pie.

(Happy to have a plate of 'American' food!)

(Johannes tests out my homemade cheesecake)


No comments:

Post a Comment