01 January 2011
Frohe Weinachten!
Although I somewhere over the middle of the ocean during Christmas, I did get to celebrate it the next day with Johannes and his family. We had a nice dinner and then lit the candles and sparklers on the tree and gave out presents...well, mostly I got presents seeing as the gifts for everyone else were still in luggage somewhere between Madrid and Vienna coming by plane, bus and taxi. From Johannes, I got a gorgeous pink and purple silk scarf, some green apple tea, and a box of Turkish delights, all from Istanbul!

We sang traditional Christmas songs in German had then proceeded to have some fabulous Christmas tea and cookies. Overall a great day-after-Christmas :) Tomorrow we will take a train to Bad Mitterndorf where his grandparents' house is in the mountains. We will stay at the farm overnight and early the next day begin our adventure to the top of the mountain to get to the remote cabin. Hopefully the snow isn't too deep or we might be postponed due to avalanches...
No comments:
Post a Comment